• Promote a minimum framework for the protection of consumer rights.
• Promote the recognition of the consumer rights as Human Rights.
• Encourage the commitment of government institutions responsible for protecting the rights of consumers.
• Encourage regional cooperation for the protection of consumers in the member countries of the Pacific Alliance.
• Promote that consumer relations taking place in the member countries are carried out under the principles accepted in the region.
• Seek balance in consumer relations.
• Promote the modification of national legislations in order to standardize the principles and offer the same level of protection to all consumers, regardless of the country where they are located.
• Promote responsible consumption in the individual, social and environmental spheres.
• Encourage producers and distributors in different countries to act under an ethical code in favor of consumers.
The foregoing is intended to promote the protection of the consumer rights in the region, through the promotion of a minimum framework for the protection of these rights. In addition, to encourage regional cooperation for the protection of consumers in the member countries of the Alliance; promote that consumer relations that take place in the member countries are carried out under the accepted principles in the region and seek the necessary balance in consumer relations.
The importance of promoting fair, equitable, sustained economic and social development and with a view to consumer protection is also recognized. Reaffirming that in order to improve the lives of people, a greater awareness of the consumers rights and greater demands for their respect are necessary.
There is a growing complexity in the products and services offered, that product differentiation makes comparisons more difficult and that Internet commerce has given rise to new forms of fraud. These complexities oblige national governments to establish public policies, plans, guidelines and jurisdictional mechanisms that effectively protect the consumer rights.