The Pacific Alliance and the European Union have been working together since 2015 to strengthen their relationship and achieve their goal of attaining the free movement of people, goods, services, and capital.
In 2019, the Pacific Alliance and the European Union (EU) signed a Joint Declaration to strengthen cooperation on environmental issues, science and technology and innovation, as well as to support SMEs.
The Joint Declaration provides a framework for strengthening cooperation and dialogue between the European Union and the Pacific Alliance in the coming years, and identifies multiple areas of common interest, where there is clear potential for deepening cooperation.
In this regard, the Parties intend to focus on areas such as:
- Aspects related to regional economic integration and business climate;
- Financial integration;
- Regional development;
- Education and student mobility;
- Movement of people;
- Digital strategies;
- Small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Climate, environment and green growth;
- Innovation, science and technology;
- Any other area of cooperation that the Parties decide.